Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cherry Cheese Crescent Roll Danish Braid


During one of our pre-Christmas shopping trips at Costco, the husband and I picked up a 5-pack of crescent roll dough and I've been trying to find some good recipes for using them ever since.  Today, I finally got to make a recipe I've been looking forward to for several weeks.  I thought I was out of pie filling, but I happened upon a can of cherry filling left over from our Red Velvet Oozing Brains from Halloween!  Sooo... I made a cherry-cheese danish braid.  I can't wait to dig into it.



Cherry Cheese Crescent Roll Danish Braid

Danish
1 can Crescent roll dough
8oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 can any flavor fruit pie filling (I used cherry)

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream


Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°.

Lay crescent roll dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment.  Try to keep the dough in one sheet, pressing together any seams that come apart.  Cut diagonal strips 1/2" apart on each side of the dough, leaving about 3-4" in the middle for the filling.

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla.  Spread cream cheese filling over the dough, leaving the cut strips uncovered.  Spread cherry pie filling on top of cream cheese filling.  Beginning at one end, bring strips over the filling, alternating each side to form a braid.


Bake for 20 minutes or until medium golden brown.  Remove from oven and let cool completely.

Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients.  Once the danish is cool, drizzle glaze over danish and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. How can anyone not love Danish pastries?! Crescent is a bit too salty for me, but I've made Danish pastries numerous of times. In fact, they're one of my favorite!!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. My mom says that when she was pregnant with me, she craved danishes. I guess that's why they're one of my favorite things now.

      Delete